GET TO KNOW HAIS
Houston Area Independent Schools is a 501(c)6 non-profit professional association that includes 86 member schools throughout the greater Houston area. Membership in the organization is open to schools accredited by TEPSAC (Texas Private School Accreditation Commission) or by a religious organization. The member schools represent a complete range of opportunities for students in early education through grade 12.
The purpose of this organization shall be:
- To provide a forum for the Directors of Admissions in the Houston area to become better acquainted with each other, to share common areas of concern, and to discuss the issues that arise in dealing with the admission procedures of member schools.
- To promote communication among the Directors of Admissions.
- To assist each Director of Admissions in learning more about each member school.
- To further the spirit of cooperation among the schools.
- To promote private and independent schools in the Greater Houston area.
HAIS NON-DISCRIMINATORY POLICY
Houston Area Independent Schools admit students of any race, color, and national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at these schools. These schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, and national and ethnic origin in administration of their educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.