The HAIS Admission Summer Workshop will be held in Galveston, Texas at The Tremont House from June 14-15 and is open to HAIS member schools. The cost for the conference is $275 for Admission Directors and $225 for staff members. This fee includes lunch and dinner on Day 1 and breakfast on Day 2. Please Register by May 16, 2018. Once you complete the online registration, you will receive an invoice via the email address that you provide. If you are interested in attending and are not from an HAIS school, please email your request to email@example.com.
REGISTER FOR SUMMER WORKSHOP
Note: Current Member Schools will be automatically renewed for 2018-2019. Dues will be invoiced on or about May 15th.
Become A Member School
The purpose of HAIS is to provide a forum for the Directors of Admissions in the Houston area to become better acquainted with each other, to share common areas of concern, and to discuss the issues that arise in dealing with the admission procedures of member schools. We assist each Director of Admissions in learning more about each member school and provide guidelines and support for the Private School Preview. We look to further the spirit of cooperation among the schools and promote private and independent schools in the Greater Houston area.
Membership is $250 per year and includes:
- Opportunity to meet and collaborate with Admissions Directors throughout the greater Houston area.
- Three annual membership meetings.
- Presence on the HAIS Web site with access to Members Only section to post calendar dates
- Listing in annual non-discriminatory advertisement in the Houston Chronicle.
- Participation in the annual Summer Workshop (separate fee) featuring a national speaker on admission and marketing topics.
- Member participation in the annual Private School Preview (separate member fee). The Private School Preview is our annual school fair held each fall. More than 100 schools participate.
- Marketing benefits include HAIS advertisements in print and on radio promoting our events and Web site.
Requirements for Membership:
- Membership is open to secondary and elementary schools serving students through at least 5th grade. Schools must be accredited by nationally recognized organizations.
- Member schools are required to pay annual dues, attend biannual meetings, and adhere to the Common Reply Date as approved by the Board. The 2018 Common Reply Date is April 11.
- Each Member School will be represented by the school’s Admission Director.
To begin the process, please complete the form below. Applications for membership are reviewed once per month.
SCHOOL REGISTRATION FOR PRIVATE SCHOOL PREVIEW
Teacher Recommendation Early Childhood Kindgarten
Teacher Recommendation Grades 1-5
Teacher Recommendation Grades 6-12 English
Teacher Recommendation Grades 6-12 Math