About Houston Area Independent Schools (HAIS):
- HAIS is a professional non-profit organization of approximately 84 independent schools serving students from early childhood though high school.
- Private, parochial, and parish are terms that are often used to describe independent schools.
- Each HAIS member school is accredited by a recognized accrediting agency.
- HAIS member schools represent a wide variety of educational choices and philosophies. All HAIS schools strive for programmatic excellence, a strong sense of community, and a commitment to serving their school families.
- Working together, the association hosts the annual fall Private School Preview. This 2-hour event is free to families and is an opportunity to meet with many admission representatives of member schools.
We encourage you to use this website as a tool to research the schools that might best fit your family’s needs.
HAIS NON-DISCRIMINATORY POLICY
Houston-area Independent schools admit students of any race, color, and national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at these schools. These schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, and national and ethnic origin in administration of their educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.